Can't Use G3M To G8M Clothing Converter

LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Hi everyone! :D

I've just bought this product: https://www.daz3d.com/clothing-converter-from-genesis-3-male-to-genesis-8-male

I've tried installing it like any other product (I've tried both Daz Connect and DIM), but when I click on any of its files it gives me mistakes. (I've already used the G3F to G8F and G2F to G8F versions made by them, as the G3F to G8F hair converter, so I don't think I've made any "noob" mistake)

I can't see the thumbnails either, I've tried to update the metadata but nothing.

Here's the log:

2019-01-13 12:33:18.452 Beginning Install of "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male"
2019-01-13 12:33:19.101 "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male": Install Succeeded.
2019-01-13 12:33:36.139 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=10054
2019-01-13 12:33:53.791 Loading script: C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3m to g8m.dse
2019-01-13 12:33:53.792 Failed to load script: C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3m to g8m.dse

Post edited by LenioTG on

Comments

• Which version of DS are you using? Help>About Daz Studio, all the numbers matter not just the first two shown in the title bar of the application.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    edited January 2019

Which version of DS are you using? Help>About Daz Studio, all the numbers matter not just the first two shown in the title bar of the application.

4.11.0.236 Pro Edition (64-Bit)

Is there any chance this has to do with Daz servers? I don't know if it's just me, but the store is painfully slow today (while every other website works fine)!

Post edited by LenioTG on
  • kameneko said:

Which version of DS are you using? Help>About Daz Studio, all the numbers matter not just the first two shown in the title bar of the application.

Is there any chance this has to do with Daz servers? I don't know if it's just me, but the store is painfully slow today (while every other website works fine)!

No, the script wil be purely local. Do you get the same error if you uninstall the Connect version and use a DIM install (if there is a Connect install DS will use that, regardless of any DIM install)?

kameneko said:

No, the script wil be purely local. Do you get the same error if you uninstall the Connect version and use a DIM install (if there is a Connect install DS will use that, regardless of any DIM install)?

Yes :'(

• Does it work in the non-beta, 4.10.0.123?

Does it work in the non-beta, 4.10.0.123?

I've not installed it actually, I'm trying to clean my just formatted OS as clean as possible, since the last time Daz ended up really slow and now it's much better, is this information vital to solve this problem?

2019-01-13 12:33:36.139 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): recv failed errno=10054

What does this mean?

I've tried again and now it gives me this other error:

2019-01-13 17:35:40.172 Beginning Install of "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male"
    2019-01-13 17:35:40.965 "Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male": Install Succeeded.
    2019-01-13 17:35:49.435 Loading script: C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter manual.dsa
    2019-01-13 17:35:49.437 WARNING: Script Error: Line 1
    2019-01-13 17:35:49.437 WARNING: SyntaxError: Parse error
    2019-01-13 17:35:49.437 WARNING: Stack Trace:
        <anonymous>()@C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter manual.dsa:1
    2019-01-13 17:35:49.438 Error in script execution: C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter manual.dsa
    2019-01-13 17:35:51.470 Loading script: C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3m to g8m.dse
    2019-01-13 17:35:51.471 Failed to load script: C:/Users/X/Documents/Daz3D/My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud/1_55317/scripts/riversoft art/clothing converter/clothing converter g3m to g8m.dse

And here I'm attaching a screen of what I see in the meanwhile (it's the same if I uninstall and use DIM)

screen.PNG
    602 x 407 - 61K
  • That is a (failed) Connect install - had you uninstalled that, then done the DIM install? If so DS didn't see it and instead installed through Connect when you double-clicked the product icon.

That is a (failed) Connect install - had you uninstalled that, then done the DIM install? If so DS didn't see it and instead installed through Connect when you double-clicked the product icon.

I have installed it with Connect, uninstalled, restart PC, install with DIM, tried out etcetera, it never allowed me to use it!

This is the first and only time I'm incurring in this problem :'(

• But was that meant to be with a DIM install? Because it's clearly installing via Connect in the log extract, which shouldn't be happening (unless you explicitly requested it) when the files are installed via DIM.

But was that meant to be with a DIM install? Because it's clearly installing via Connect in the log extract, which shouldn't be happening (unless you explicitly requested it) when the files are installed via DIM.

In the screenshot I've used Connect, as I usually do, but I've tried with DIM and it doesn't work either! Of course I've uninstalled it an restarted everything before trying with DIM

• That's a relief, I wa afraid you might have more deep-seated issues with the CMS in general. It is worth trying with the non-beta version if you are willing, other than that I'm not sure what to suggest.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited January 2019

I would suggest posting your issue in the forum thread for that specific Clothing Converter. Riversoft Art monitors those threads, I believe, so he may see your question whereas he may not have seen this thread.

Post edited by vwrangler on

That's a relief, I wa afraid you might have more deep-seated issues with the CMS in general. It is worth trying with the non-beta version if you are willing, other than that I'm not sure what to suggest.

I've tried the 4.10 too now, without any success sadly! :(

vwrangler said:

I would suggest posting your issue in the forum thread for that specific Clothing Converter. Riversoft Art monitors those threads, I believe, so he may see your question whereas he may not have seen this thread.

Yes, thanks, I'm gonna try contacting him! ^^

We're discussing it in that thread. If someone is interested, I've installed the script manually, and using it from "Content Library" works just fine! I guess there's some problems with the code and the mapped folders, maybe because I've switched the Daz default ones! ^^

• If you right-click on the product icon (in Smart Content) or folder (in the Content Library pane) under products, do you get Install or Uninstall? It sounds to me as if the Connect install isn't going from the database.

If you right-click on the product icon (in Smart Content) or folder (in the Content Library pane) under products, do you get Install or Uninstall? It sounds to me as if the Connect install isn't going from the database.

Yes, I get install! ^^

• kameneko said:

If you right-click on the product icon (in Smart Content) or folder (in the Content Library pane) under products, do you get Install or Uninstall? It sounds to me as if the Connect install isn't going from the database.

Yes, I get install! ^^

OK, so that wasn't it (Install means the CMS doesn't think there's a Connect version).

kameneko said:

Yes, I get install! ^^

OK, so that wasn't it (Install means the CMS doesn't think there's a Connect version).

I mean, there's "Install" now that I've installed it manually, there was "Uninstall" when I installed it with Connect/DIM! ^^

• Ah, there should not have been an Uninstall option while there was only a DIM install - that suggests that there may be an issue with DIM. Do other items installed via DIM work if you then try to load them running DS in offline mode (Coonect>Work Offline if it connects by default)?

Ah, there should not have been an Uninstall option while there was only a DIM install - that suggests that there may be an issue with DIM. Do other items installed via DIM work if you then try to load them running DS in offline mode (Coonect>Work Offline if it connects by default)?

I was talking about Connect, that I almost always use! :D

If you want I can see what happens! ^^