New Iray Worlds product, Massive World Creation in Daz Studio [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861

Looks great.

• magix101magix101 Posts: 165

Hi Guys...
    Thanks for the interest and comments
    Hopefully it wont be too long...I had to do a few fixes for Daz to make it compliant with the current setup.
    I havre done those..so now its just gotta get thru Qand A and get a release date.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Awesome!  I am anxiously awaiting this lol.

• Hi Guys
    Sorry for the delay on this
    OK Iray Worlds Plus is thru testing now as far as I know and the store is now being setup, just gotta get a release date.
    Steve (who is setting it up) said the metadata was taking forever, this is understandable as this is a big product and has to be backwards
    compatible to a degree.
    It also took forever to build for the same reason...I have to think about what it can do going forward, and this is pretty much covering that with
    a lot of felxibility to creat really good scenes...
    So as soon as I have those dates I will post again

• Woot, exciting!

• Any word on this?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,989
    magix101 said:

Hi Guys
    Sorry for the delay on this
    OK Iray Worlds Plus is thru testing now as far as I know and the store is now being setup, just gotta get a release date.
    Steve (who is setting it up) said the metadata was taking forever, this is understandable as this is a big product and has to be backwards
    compatible to a degree.
    It also took forever to build for the same reason...I have to think about what it can do going forward, and this is pretty much covering that with
    a lot of felxibility to creat really good scenes...
    So as soon as I have those dates I will post again

Talking about backwards compatible, I am often using DS 4.8 in my renders. Is that an option for this product?

• magix101magix101 Posts: 165
    edited September 2017

Yep...Got word that it will be released very soon, I cant give the exact date as its part of the Daz/PA policy not to do that in the forums
    But it is very soon.
    As far as compatible with Daz Studio 4.8, I haventy tested it in 4.8,  its an Iray product, so if 4.8 has Iray I cant see any reason it wouldnt work.

Post edited by magix101 on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

SO looking forward to this release! 

• Awesome, glad its going to be *soon*!

• StingerStinger Posts: 296

Is this new iRay World just one exclusive scene or made of individual props?

• It has individual props that can be moved and rearranged; I put some of the grass ,flowers and blooming tree into a pre-existing set in the picture below.

It's really beautiful for the elements, and I really love the beautiful landscapes that can be done with it. It was instabuy for me. Great job there! heart

(Rant on: But unfortunately, the ground mapping is meh in comparision to the great trees and grass and plants, and makes the set better for distance shots than closeups. Yes, I know that this is a problem with basically all ground surfaces in landscape kits, but maybe something that could be improved on. Rant off. smiley)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

This is preset scene 5 with The Moose added. Rendered with the LAMH catalyzer.

• Hi Guys

Some beautiful renders here
    I really love that cartoon style render dreamfarmer its a great look!!
    Also really like the Moose in the last render too...just fits in perfectly.
    Also to BeeMKay , yep the grounds ...when it comes to mapping textures over the ground base, the area is so large that its impossible
    to get the level of detail that you need, so I concentrated on ground cover mainly to overcome that, the idea being that you can put a huge
    amount of detail in ground cover and position it near the camera for ultimate realistic shots.
    Also the light from the skies, sun and extra lights helps create a huge variety of moods as well, so thats alos worth experimenting with..

• Digital DeliriumDigital Delirium Posts: 50
    edited September 2017

I had a play with this the other day after purchasing and have to say WOW! Well done magix... This product is going to allow me to finally get those ideas out of my head and into Daz. Now I just need to try and get the time to do them ;)

Post edited by Digital Delirium on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890
    edited September 2017

Just picked this up last night... love it. I think I'm going to be contrary and try it in 3DL, but in the meantime, here's my first serious try with it.

(Einiosaurus)

Dinosaur in the woods.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 653K
    Post edited by Oso3D on
    magix101 said:

Hi Guys

Some beautiful renders here
    I really love that cartoon style render dreamfarmer its a great look!!
    Also really like the Moose in the last render too...just fits in perfectly.
    Also to BeeMKay , yep the grounds ...when it comes to mapping textures over the ground base, the area is so large that its impossible
    to get the level of detail that you need, so I concentrated on ground cover mainly to overcome that, the idea being that you can put a huge
    amount of detail in ground cover and position it near the camera for ultimate realistic shots.
    Also the light from the skies, sun and extra lights helps create a huge variety of moods as well, so thats alos worth experimenting with..

Yes, I fully understand that. And the ground cover is really great, and does a splendid job.

I've found that the surface looks a bit better in the closeups if I change the tiling to 14x14, and with the ground cover gives a pretty good result. I'm still experimenting, though.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

And here's my stubborn 3DL render of an Iray product. ;)

There's a great painterly quality to this product that I love.

Anyway, I used a bunch of AoA products to spiff this up: Lights, Grass and Rock shaders, fog camera. Originally I was going to use Reflective Radiance, but it was soooo slow and the AoA lights were nearly as good. Given I used some mild postwork, I figured the difference wasn't worth the extra few hours, so...

The Irayto3DL script was great at quickly converting lots of stuff.

Fox in the Woods IW.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Hey Thanks guys..

Great to see you here timmins.william its been a while, Some very nice renders too, especially love the Dinasaur one...very nice!!
    Thanks LeapinLeroy also...yep its possible to do a lot of different things in this product.
    Will be working on things that can go in it over the next few months
    Cheers