Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.9.0.24!

12346»

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited November 2015

Thank you rbtwhiz, that sounds really good. Especially if it is based on something already in the DUFs that a PA doesn't have to go out of the way to add.

And before I forget to say it again. Thanks Richard Haseltine for answering that Material Preset question, regarding the Paths in DUFs vs the Cloud directory path thing. That set me at ease about all the AltShader presets I've made for some of the figures I have.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

So I should... submit a bug report for all the things I find? Just asking...and I only ask because the process for bug reports has changed a few times and I want to do it correctly.

Yes.  And if there are a ton of them...welll.  I haven't been as good as I should have with submitting case problems with file names, but it seems to be being worked on/corrected.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    DAZ_Rawb said:

Ok, Ix, I see what you are saying.

I have no answers.  I don't expect Photoreal and Interactive to look the same...one is much more biased than the other.

Re: Autofit... I had to uninstall all the starter content plus SRMS from Connect and reinstall via DIM to get them to work. I also discovered that Iray Converter for Genesis/Generation 4 does not work via Connect, all the icons were broken.  From where I stand this is an issue with the encrypted files and Studio's inability to properly read these files as present for these particular items.  That's an issue.

Initially I had no issue with this encryption/drm, at least from a philosophical POV. I have no issue with DRM until it gets it my way, then I have an issue. It appear to be getting in my way here.

That's a shame that the Iray Converter does not work with Daz Connect encrypted products. I am curious if it has hardcoded paths that it is using instead of using the scripting API to look up the paths. If that is the case then decrypting the contents of those products won't fix it. If the script is instead attempting to directly read source files then decrypting the contents it needs would solve that issue (or the script could be updated to use the API's provided to get the data).

I'll see if I can squeeze this in to QA's busy schedule to test out and see if sending these files down decrypted will solve this problem.

Rawb, its not that they don't work. I'm not sure if they work, because I can't launch them.  I get an {!} --broken link-- icon on all the scripts, like it can't find them.

And what about AutoFit? That seems like a larger issue.

Wow... I just discover this one. Only the main 3 converters call a duf located in the data folder of the product. All the other scripts don't call anything (the ones in the subfolders). I'll have a look tomorrow at this. 

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited November 2015

**** error message indeed**

Indeed it seems that the encrypted files do not work, but it is the case for any dse file, whatever the product.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • How much does Daz Studio Pro cost? Where can I download?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

How much does Daz Studio Pro cost? Where can I download?

It is free https://www.daz3d.com/get_studio

• I'm sorry if this has been addressed before, but the forum search isn't being helpful... After I upgraded Win10 to Threshold 2, the 4.9 beta can't see the files inside the category folders anymore. I have the whole category tree load fine, but it's not populated, not even after re-importing the DS3 database ("migrate old content DB").

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559

I'm having trouble with certain files just being missing in the beta from  product view even though they are installed. I reinstalled then tried reimporting the meta data.  But the files did not show. Also categories I have made started showing as empty even though stuff used to be there. Just folders were showing. I finally decided to export my user data and reimport. It did it successfully but did not retain my updates even though it should have saved my stuff. I'm not sure what is going on.

I have lost a month or so of categorization.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I'm having trouble with certain files just being missing in the beta from  product view even though they are installed.

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed any pattern to the content that is missing? 

sriesch said:

I'm having trouble with certain files just being missing in the beta from  product view even though they are installed.

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed any pattern to the content that is missing? 

It is tough to tell but I'm going to keep an eye on it to see..  I'm concerned about it, because I have thousands of items.

Duarte Hair is one that seems to have difficulty. Even though I reimported its meta data it tells me the files are missing.

With the others I have a folder structure where I make a folder and put a hair and the color expansion inside together so I don't have to waste my time finding them. In those folders, the update seems to have trouble. I have the colors inside the sub folder, but often the hair and base is entirely gone. They were there before. I painstakingly create those. So it is funny the file structure got undone in some way I don't understand. Many of those pairings were done quite some time ago.

Okay, as a test I remade the lost categories in 4.9. I Then exported the User data. And restored it.

Unfortunately, it looks like it did not restore my personally created categories properly. I have empty folders where the files should be.

Is this a bug? Will it be fixed?

Okay, as a test I remade the lost categories in 4.9. I Then exported the User data. And restored it.

Unfortunately, it looks like it did not restore my personally created categories properly. I have empty folders where the files should be.

Is this a bug? Will it be fixed?

If appropriate to your scenario (not sure if it's necessary or not, maybe not), you might also want to try going to the Content Library and from the menu and select "scan known directories for files".   And you could also check to see if your content got moved to the unassigned (or whatever the correct category name is for new stuff) for some reason.

Otherwise, if nobody else has any ideas, you probably want to report it as a possible bug.  Make sure you put exact steps to reproduce it so DAZ can try it and get it to happen for them too.

Thanks for your attempt to help me. I'm beginning to think something is wrong with 4.9 in retention of the new products and categories I have created since installing it. I have submitted a work request. I just wish I had known not to bother categorizing.

It does appear to me that 4.9 is mostly having trouble with new categories I've created since installing it.  It seems to have a lot of the old categories intact. But everything new I've made as a product, it seems to not be able to handle.

I have one further question if I may. How do I Get Studio to install all my content? It is installed via dim and I have reimported all meta data but sometimes I find a product is not installed when I click on it in the category view and I must click install. Is there a way like in the previous version of Studio to get it to install everything at once? Or am I required to use dim to manually uninstall and reinstall?

Hmm, well, I have solved my problem. In case anyone else has this issue, the answer is this. For my case, I found that the User Data For public build  data needed to be reimported alone after reseting the database before importing the userdata prior to public build being formed. For some reason the sequence is important here. Don't ask me why. But if I had them all selected for re-importation at the same time, the files formed after public build did not properly populate.

Anyway, not sure why. But that worked and I am glad.

Hmm, well, I have solved my problem. In case anyone else has this issue, the answer is this. For my case, I found that the User Data For public build  data needed to be reimported alone after reseting the database before importing the userdata prior to public build being formed. For some reason the sequence is important here. Don't ask me why. But if I had them all selected for re-importation at the same time, the files formed after public build did not properly populate.

Anyway, not sure why. But that worked and I am glad.

I didn't quite follow that, can you clarify?    What did you do before(or after?) you imported the userdata?  And what are you selecting (or not selecting) all at once?

Thanks for the clarification!

Sorry for the lack of clarity. It used to be when you backed up your userdata, Studio would call the backed up userdata files userdata1 and userdata2 etc.

After I updated 4.9 new userdata files have been added to the previous file format and include the words . PublicBuild1 & 2

Typically when I restored userdata after reseting the database I just check everything and let Studio update  (metadata and userdata), and let the database restore itself.

What I found, though, when I did this, is that empty folders were being created, even though I know the folders were created properly and previously had contents.

I decided to just restore each individual userdata to see if one was problematical, starting with the newer ones.

What I discovered, is that by installing the Public Build final one  solo before installing the older ones, that my file structure was restored properly.

I'm not sure why, but I'm not going to fight it. I'm pleased hours of my work is fixed. I also found that Studio had created 2 Public Build user data files. I found it only neccessary to restore the second one. I didn't want to risk messing things up after I noticed my files were working properly again.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited January 2016

I was gonna give it a try. Then I saw it's DIM install only. What a joke DAZ is turning into....
    Except I don't find it funny to be having DIM, smart content and conect crap forced upon me.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The BETA has been DIM only for a very long time...that's nothing new.  And the beta being set up for DIM only does not mean anything is 'forced'...

And as been said a million times in the beta threads...Connect is not required.

• KjartanKjartan Posts: 11

Is there a way to emergency revert back to 4.8? I did not realize it was Mac OS 10.7 only when I saw it pop up in my DIM today and well, it's crashing and unusable now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Is there a way to emergency revert back to 4.8? I did not realize it was Mac OS 10.7 only when I saw it pop up in my DIM today and well, it's crashing and unusable now.

I'm not sure what you mean.  What MacOSX version are you using?  Is this the public beta or the general release?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited January 2016

As Mike said - which Mac OS X version are you running?

And I don't know if you can revert (but if you have a timemachine backup on your /Applications you can revert using that)

Post edited by Totte on
  • OMG! All the Lighting is wrong! Reloading all content again? Whats going on?