1000 x 1300 - 469K
ga-main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 492K
popup-09-artistic.jpg
1000 x 1030 - 590K

Comments

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I quite like her. You've given a lot of options, especially in the eyes! She'd make a great vampire or demon I suspect.

• gypsyangelgypsyangel Posts: 1,010
    edited August 2014

I quite like her. You've given a lot of options, especially in the eyes! She'd make a great vampire or demon I suspect.

Well, she has more options---I'm just limited by how many images I can post... :)

popup06.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 606K
    popup-02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 440K
    popup-01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 672K
    Post edited by gypsyangel on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

"Those eyes, so wide"... ekhem, sorry. I meant to say she looks very pretty - a natural face with those stunning amber eyes you include in your characters, making me want to buy them just - but not only - for them :D.

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

I totally agree those amber eyes are killers!

Are those rendered with Daz Studio ?

edited August 2014

"Those eyes, so wide"... ekhem, sorry. I meant to say she looks very pretty - a natural face with those stunning amber eyes you include in your characters, making me want to buy them just - but not only - for them :D.

Are you talking about the fire eyes? Yeah, I've had those in a few packs, along with the ice (pale) blue and the black---both the black eyes and the eight ball hemorrhage eyes. I did that for the fantasy makeups---to help match. But the whiskey colored eyes are new---along with the multi and turquoise eyes...
    You can tell the older ones---the have the large dark spot at the bottom of the iris. Another thing about my eyes that are a bit different---they aren't the same iris on both eyes. If you look at her, the left and right irises are different. People's irises aren't the same on both sides. It's a little thing, but it registers...same with eyebrows. When you flip the eyebrow from one side to another, it might make it neater and more uniform, but real people are messy... :D and the mind registers it, even if you don't consciously. So my eyebrows are never the same on left and right unless they're "painted" on, like with her dark dahl makeup.

file_2550311.jpg
    1120 x 1250 - 499K
    popup-05.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 549K
    edited December 1969

sioc said:
    I totally agree those amber eyes are killers!

Are those rendered with Daz Studio ?

Yes! Everything here was rendered in DAZ Studio. :) I'm SLOWLY learning the program. :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

I seldom buy characters, but there is something very special about this one. She is tempting. Nice work!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

V6? Or is she a Lilith morph?

edited December 1969

JOdel said:

She's G2F with a V6 body morph. She does have some G2 face morphs, so you'd have to have that pack to use her.

And if you want the body shape, you'd need V6.

popup08.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 521K
    edited December 1969

To be honest, if I was to choose the best eye vendor, it would be you. I value that you strive to offer really anatomically-accurate eyes a lot! Different irises - it sounds so simple, but most vendors just skip that.

PS Is the hairstyle Portia Hair 2 without the long morph limits?

edited December 1969

barbult said:
    I seldom buy characters, but there is something very special about this one. She is tempting. Nice work!

Oh, thank you!! :D

I like her because she pretty much rides the rails between innocence and terrifying...Her name is Parisa (Persian: پریسا‎) (pronounced Per-REE-sah) means "Fairy Like". And it fits her. I had to do a name change on her because my first name choice was apparently in the process of being taken. But this worked out fine...she is fairy like---and I don't mean the usual sweet Disney "Tinkerbell" fairy. I mean the original ones that were as much a screaming horror show as they were beautiful. People used to know that you didn't mess with fairies---they steal children and various other sundries, they destroy food and they bite. :D

nightlight-pst.jpg
    1111 x 1400 - 490K
    edited December 1969

To be honest, if I was to choose the best eye vendor, it would be you. I value that you strive to offer really anatomically-accurate eyes a lot! Different irises - it sounds so simple, but most vendors just skip that.

PS Is the hairstyle Portia Hair 2 without the long morph limits?

Thanks...yeah, it's a shortcut people have grown accustomed to, and it doesn't really take much to change one from the other---a quick over it with the patch tool in Photoshop and it's done. People will argue that nobody really sees them---that may be true, then it shouldn't matter that mine are different.

Oh, that's Portia 2 hair with a quick and dirty Photoshop trick... :)
    As long as they are on a transparent background, you can use the selection tool, draw a quick section around the hair, copy, paste and move to a second layer behind the first one. Warp, spindle and mutilate to your heart's content...presto! Long hair. :)
    I do it a lot for hair that's too thin or too short for my tastes.

edited December 1969

Thanks...yeah, it's a shortcut people have grown accustomed to, and it doesn't really take much to change one from the other---a quick over it with the patch tool in Photoshop and it's done. People will argue that nobody really sees them---that may be true, then it shouldn't matter that mine are different.

It is those small details that matter! I like realistic skin, but when it comes to rendering eyes, those claimed to be photorealistic don't appeal to me as much as slightly fantasy ones. Do you plan to release a small pack of eyes only? I would certainly grab it!

To be honest, if I was to choose the best eye vendor, it would be you. I value that you strive to offer really anatomically-accurate eyes a lot! Different irises - it sounds so simple, but most vendors just skip that. PS Is the hairstyle Portia Hair 2 without the long morph limits?

Oh, that's Portia 2 hair with a quick and dirty Photoshop trick... :)
    As long as they are on a transparent background, you can use the selection tool, draw a quick section around the hair, copy, paste and move to a second layer behind the first one. Warp, spindle and mutilate to your heart's content...presto! Long hair. :)
    I do it a lot for hair that's too thin or too short for my tastes.

How simple and brilliant! I can do the same in PowerPoint. I just never thought about duplicating hair this way. Thanks!

edited August 2014

I have no plans to release any eye pack at the moment... I'm in the process of moving some of my M4 characters over to G2 and that's taking up enough time as it is. Plus I have other new characters I'm working on. So it's not a priority at this point... :)

Here she is rendered in Poser. She does have the DSON Poser CF. I wasn't going to put them in, but I faced a bit of a backlash over that... :/

And another one in DAZ Studio with a new dress coming by esha. Parisa was actually the inspiration to getting it finished. So she got first shot at it...

dress-01.jpg
    1075 x 1500 - 417K
    parisa-poser-01a.jpg
    1365 x 1566 - 455K
  • ModernWizardModernWizard Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Ooooh! I don't usually buy characters, but this one intrigues me, especially with the puppet makeup, which I have a weakness for. I'll be watching to see how much she costs.

--MW

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited August 2014

She look stunning! Must ask.. in post number 9 you have a pic with her body.. what panties is the one showing the back wearing? Have bene trying to find panties that isn't thongs but more like tanga.. and this is the first I see that seems to be like that :)

Post edited by Carola O on
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    She look stunning! Must ask.. in post number 9 you have a pic with her body.. what panties is the one showing the back wearing? Have bene trying to find panties that isn't thongs but more like tanga.. and this is the first I see that seems to be like that :)

Oh, that's a bathing suit by Esha...

http://www.daz3d.com/ocean-bikini
    If that's the one you meant. :)

edited December 1969

Ooooh! I don't usually buy characters, but this one intrigues me, especially with the puppet makeup, which I have a weakness for. I'll be watching to see how much she costs.

--MW

Here's a close up of her puppet face...this was rendered in Poser, but it looks the same in Studio. She's got full displacement maps in Poser and Normal maps in Studio.
    If you want her lashes to show up, you can just make them another color in the diffuse color box---like red or whatever and they show up nicely. :)

dd-portrait.jpg
    1211 x 1250 - 467K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:

Oh, that's a bathing suit by Esha...

http://www.daz3d.com/ocean-bikini
    If that's the one you meant. :)

Thank you, had totally missed that one *smiles*

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

--MW

Here's a close up of her puppet face...this was rendered in Poser, but it looks the same in Studio. She's got full displacement maps in Poser and Normal maps in Studio.
    If you want her lashes to show up, you can just make them another color in the diffuse color box---like red or whatever and they show up nicely. :)

That looks so creepy and fills my head with ideas of a super villainess or something!

edited December 1969

--MW

Ah man, this face + SickleYield and Fuseling's Ball Joint Doll for G2F would make a great creepy doll. I'm sold!

--MW

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

i'm an absolute sucker for the fantasy/creepy/whatever type makeups - so this will be going straight into the cart. Any character that has more than the standard blue eyeshadow/red lipsticks is pretty much an instant buy for me :D

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2014

^What she said. Your typical pretty girls are a dime a dozen, but the fantasy/horror ones bring some more to the table (and leave me with a feeling of 'why the hell have I never thought of that?!' LOL). Love what you've done, GA! Already have ideas for that clown makeup. ;)

/edit
    After re-reading my post, when I said 'your typical pretty girls', I wasn't meaning yours specifically, but rather in general. Sorry if that came off bad. >.<</p>

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited August 2014

jakiblue said:
    i'm an absolute sucker for the fantasy/creepy/whatever type makeups - so this will be going straight into the cart. Any character that has more than the standard blue eyeshadow/red lipsticks is pretty much an instant buy for me :D

Yeah, I try and do nice, sane characters...then something snaps in my mind and I think..."They'd look really good as a demented jester, a broken dahlie...maybe a tweaked out puppet!" My girlz are all a bit insane. The Gypsy Boyz are just rough---but the girlz aren't wrapped too tight. They remind me of that meme:

"25% of the women in this country are on medication for mental illness...
    That's scary.
    It means that 75% are running around unmedicated."

Yep...that's my girlz...

Here's the new one I'm working on.
    Not sure how she's gonna twist yet....

Parisa should be out any day now...it's the dreaded DAZ soon...

aneta-sp01.jpg
    1264 x 1600 - 498K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:

She's G2F with a V6 body morph. She does have some G2 face morphs, so you'd have to have that pack to use her.

Thank you!
    I am a bit tired of having to buy new base characters to get interesting new characters to work - so I am VERY thankful for this!

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    JOdel said:

Thank you!
    I am a bit tired of having to buy new base characters to get interesting new characters to work - so I am VERY thankful for this!

Oh, sure...unless a character really intrigues me, I'll probably stick close to the G2F-V6 combo. I did do a Gianni and Lee, but for the most part, I'll probably stick to the basics. And I'll stay with the base UV maps from here on out. It's just easier and makes them able to cross model lines. This new character is V6. All these new models can certainly be overwhelming. Just trying to get the starter packs is a heavy investment. I may foray into a character now and then...I'm wanting to do a "Girl6" character...but G2F-V6 has most everything I need.

edited December 1969

Parisa's out now as one of the new releases for the PA artist sale! http://www.daz3d.com/parisa

--MW

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

And I have her!!!!! mwahahahahahahaha!

*cough* sorry. :D

GypsyAngel, more fantasy type makeups please!! MORE! :D

I'm off to play with her. :d

edited December 1969

Well...you beat me to it. :/

Yep...she's live and on sale for the PA sale... :)

I tried doing more fantasy mask things and was told to dial it back...so... :/

Maybe my next one I'll try again---something that won't make the PTB twitch. :D

creature-pst.jpg
    1186 x 1500 - 482K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Sorry ... I would have bought her if it were the old PA sale 50% for all ...
    Now it is the not really subtle "go PC+" strategy of Daz.
    I don't like it when they try to ram it down my throat.