A Vendor by Any Other Name...

xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Noticed last week that Bobbie25 is now known as Barbara Brundon. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that retrodevil now calls himself Moonscape Graphics (and does clothes instead of environments on this site). Finally, Bluebird 3d has evidently sold her entire store to Daz Originals and closed her YouTube channel.

I have not checked with the forementioned vendors about this, and I mean no offense by calling attention to these changes. I have been a fan of TAFKA B25 since I discovered how awesome her V4 clothes autofit to G3F and how photographic her V4 clothes' textures were with a simple Uber Iray conversion. I have retrodevil's gear back to his Subway and Outback Shack from Renderosity. So, I'm just a fan.

Comments

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845

It happens. I have every intention of changing my vendor name soonish as well. Ive not identified with it for a long time now and it was never intended to be used for 3D. Some people just grow and change and such. I am sad about Bluebird, i loved her stuff but sometimes our life paths change and I hope she does really well with her new job :) 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639
    Silver said:

It happens. I have every intention of changing my vendor name soonish as well. Ive not identified with it for a long time now and it was never intended to be used for 3D. Some people just grow and change and such. I am sad about Bluebird, i loved her stuff but sometimes our life paths change and I hope she does really well with her new job :) 

Please make a big hoopla about it, and release two new characters at both stores with accompanying sales on your stores to celebrate the transition: The Alchemy of Silver! She has transmuted base morphs into unique girls for years, but now she sets her hand to herself!

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    Silver said:

Mine started as a gamer forum tag, so I feel you on that. I'm occasionally back and forth on changing vs. keeping it, but I still like the poem it's from.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    Silver said:

Mine started as a gamer forum tag, so I feel you on that. I'm occasionally back and forth on changing vs. keeping it, but I still like the poem it's from.

Keep it. It is unique and memorable. yes

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I originally went with Willbear as a pa name, a handle I’ve been using for years in various spaces, and then discovered there was a user with that name here. Woops!

Oso3D ended up being a cooler name, I think, so yay circumstance.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    Silver said:

That is too bad, I know the name Silver, have a ton of your products and know what to expect when I see the name.

Any idea what Bluebird is doing now? I loved her youtube vidoes.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996
    Silver said:

You could start a parody account:

It might be a challenge getting 'things that do not work' through Daz QA, but what is life without challenge?