"Duplicate IDs were found while reading the file"

SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
edited December 1969 in New Users

Whenever I try to load some smart content onto a genesis figure I am getting this error

"Duplicate IDs were found while reading the file"

This is the line from the log file

Duplicate id "B25MHTop" found in file "/data/Bobbie25/B25MH/B25MHDress/B25MHTop.dsf"

Any idea what this means? How do I fix it?

Comments

• SedorSedor Posts: 1,764
    edited December 1969

This happens with some content done with a specific DAZ Studio build.

This is no major error, the content will work as it should be. Most content which has this "Duplicate IDs" should be already updated, if you haven't done go to your account and reset the download of that product(s) to see if there's a update.

Or you can use a script which fixes that error, Richard has done the script and you can find it at his "List of free DAZ Studio script and plugins" thread... ( -> here is the link to "Fix Duplicate IDs" : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/6281/ ).

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

This used to happen a lot, and some items were updated to prevent the error being generated. There is a script somwhere to fix it as well, but generally if you reset your download for the affected item, you get the latest version, and that should fix it.

I just checked, and I have this item, I have it in both DSF and DUF formats, but neither gives me this error. It is part of the Magna Hart outfit, and I think you should reset it to get the DUF version if you don;t already have it.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks sedor, by the time I messed around looking for what it was, you had posted. Thanks for the link :)

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

sedor said:
    This happens with some content done with a specific DAZ Studio build.

This is no major error, the content will work as it should be. Most content which has this "Duplicate IDs" should be already updated, if you haven't done go to your account and reset the download of that product(s) to see if there's a update.

Or you can use a script which fixes that error, Richard has done the script and you can find it at his "List of free DAZ Studio script and plugins" thread... ( -> here is the link to "Fix Duplicate IDs" : http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/6281/ ).

Brilliant! Thank you! I ran the script and it worked a treat! :D

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Sertorial, this is what I had mentioned here in the other thread.

If you update your content, the Duplicate ID error messages should go away.
    If you choose not to update, you'll get these warnings sometimes, but you should still be able to use the items with no problems.

• SertorialSertorial Posts: 962
    edited December 1969

Sertorial, this is what I had mentioned here in the other thread.

If you update your content, the Duplicate ID error messages should go away.
    If you choose not to update, you'll get these warnings sometimes, but you should still be able to use the items with no problems.

I see! Thanks :)